Friday, February 10, 2012

Sitting by the fire

2/9
The sun it is not shining, the day is rather dreary, I am warm and toasty sitting by my fire. Life is cruising right along as I recuperate from my surgery. I am getting around easily now and have dispatched the crutches and replaced them with a cane. PT is going very well and I am getting more and more flexible every day...and the hip pain is minimal in comparison to how I felt prior to surgery.

2/10
Today is my follow up appointment with the PA. The drive to Columbus was not bad and the news is confusing. While we suspected that PVNS is the cause of my hip problem, the pathology report said that that samples do not look like PVNS. Hhowever under the microscope they do see giant cells which usually are seen with PVNS. I contacted my GP to find out what he thougt about the report,his response is that the PVNS is confirmed. So now i wait for my 6 wk followup with the ortho doc and discuss the plan for the future. He had already said that he wants me to followup with the ortho oncologist in six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment