Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Awake Too Early

It is difficult to sleep when the mind is whirling trying to solve a problem for a friend. Being a friend requires one to listen a lot and speak little. Mainly because people like to hear themselves more than they are willing to listen to the advice they claim to need. Is that a terrible thing to say?
It is frustrating to watch someone self destruct when you know that if they would just shut up and listen they might find the answer that they are seeeking.

Oui vey, I wish I could just wave my magic wand and make problems disappear. Mine included, I went to see my shrink today and of course I don't allow myself to focus on what causes me to tear up long enough to figure out what causes the tears. So now my job is to allow the emotions and rather than try to solve the problem I am supposed to just observe. I am not good about letting my emotions surface. At my appointment I teared up for a few minutes and then said ok pity party is over now...to which she replied that I should not put and end to the emotion  by setting a limit to the feelings. OK that sounds good but I can't go around on a daily basis all upset and ok tears and go out in public like that...then when I get home I distract myself and don't ever get back to dealing with life. Which makes it difficult for me to be able to listen and advise others who are so self focused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment