Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Changing Direction

 5/19/2021

It has been quite some time since I have written in my blog. I honestly forgot about it for quite a while. I have had a lot of changes in life since I last wrote and I want to take the time to change the direction of this format. In 2017 I acquired my MS Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree and state licensure. Since that time I have been working as a counselor at A New Direction for Counseling. I have also worked at Eastway Behavioral for a year as an Intake Therapist. I have worked at Kettering Health Network on their Behavioral Health Assessment Team. And I have worked at Miami Valley Hospital in their Inpatient Psychiatry Unit as a Social Worker/Counselor; essentially just discharge planning. In taking on all of these jobs I have gained a lot of experience in different areas in mental health treatment and care. I have now begun thinking about starting my own business and I reached out to the state of Ohio and acquired a business license. My new business name will be Searching 4 Life's Missing Pieces. I feel that everyone has a part of their life that they are trying to resolve and in that manner I am going to be the conductor who assists the on that journey. I am still working out the logistics and I am discussing the adventure with my therapist. I am a firm believer that everyone needs an unbiased third party to talk to and that is where counselors come into the picture. 

Welcome back to my blog. 

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment