Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Release Me

March 10th will be the eighth anniversary of the death of the man that I once loved dearly. He has been on my mind lately because I still miss him and I don't think I ever recovered completely. 

Looking at me you would say that I am doing well, but in reality his choice to end his life and to do it at a time when I was the one to find him, has had a huge impact on me.

It has confirmed in my mind that I am not worthy... if I were then why am I always left alone? I have seen this time and again that when I let down the wall I get hurt. And the hurt is not just a minor thing that comes and goes quickly. 

I have attempted to date since his death, and for a brief moment in time things are good but then I find my self once again where I started, alone.

In thinking about things I was inspired to write the following song which as I was writing I was hearing my friend Telle Smith from The Word Alive screaming the lyrics. (here is a link to his band http://www.facebook.com/thewordalive )

Release Me

Our time was fun but you choose to go
Quit holding me back, you lost that role.
Not able to see beyond the pain at the bottom of your glass
You chose to tie that noose.

Chorus
Release me get out of my head
Release me you're already dead

And now it is ended 
The years they have flown
Your body is gone 
And still you harass me from the beyond.

Chorus

I want to move on 
It is way past the time
To make my final demand
So listen up here it is.

Chorus


Yes I know it is a very rough draft and without hearing the chorus screamed like the boys of TWA do it doesn't work!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment