Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Roller Coaster Ride Continues

Life is like a ride on a roller coaster...for a while you are climbing the  hill and things are exciting and you are full of anticipation for what is too come and then suddenly you are over the precipice and hurtling down. Zipping along the ride up, down over and under until suddenly you are stopped and leaving the ride. 

I find that my life has many similarities to the roller coaster...right now I am on the hill heading up ... and into surgery on Tuesday and looking forward to having my hip repaired so that it will stop hurting. However yesterday I had an appointment with another Orthopedic surgeon regarding my shoulder which hurts as well and I was informed that on top of the bone spur which the local hospital identified...they see a torn rotator cuff. Surgery would be followed up by 6 months off work.  Holy crap

And now the ride is heading down. 

I was thinking about just having the shoulder surgery while I am out with the hip but then I talked with someone in the office a little while ago and they said that if someone is out more than 6 months they will be terminated. That just blows! I emailed the HR office to find out the really deal on the benefits, but if that is the case then I can't do both surgery's in a row. I would need to take off two different times and insist that I come back to work before the doc really would like for me to do so. 

I know that many people have the shoulder scoped and go right back to work a few days later but they generally don't have a job that requires lifting heavy equipment. If I could guarantee that I would not be lifting with my right arm then he would let me go back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment