Thursday, January 12, 2012

Intro Day 1

You would think by the title of this blog that I am a person with a dis-associative personality but this is not really the case, although at times I wonder what is missing. 

I have never attempted a blog, have never kept a journal on a consistent basis, and yet I have aspirations of one day throwing away the drudgery of the working woman's life to become a slave to the written word. I admire people like Nora Roberts and Janet Evanovich and many others who have kissed  the Blarney stone and can churn out one book right after another. Most days I don't allow myself the down time to give my brain the free reign it needs to create a new story...or to even work on the one that I have been writing for the last few years. 

I decided recently to invest in a tablet so that I could take my story with me and work on it any time that I have a moment of down time. And interestingly enough I have worked on my story more in the last 2 weeks than I have in months. I am very pleased with my selection of tablet... I got the Dell Streak 7. I know I know it is NOT the Ipad or the Kindle or the Nook but I happen to like it better. The size of the Ipad is too large for my hands and the Kindle and Nook while amusing are both lacking something ... the Streak 7 is just the right size for my hands and is very sturdy. Here is a link to the Dell site....
http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/mobile-streak-7/pd
So I just discovered while looking at this link that this unit is no longer available. Strange but true. Sorry about your luck I love mine. I am sure most people would think it is strange that I wanted an device that is different than what "EVERYONE" else was getting. I have never been a fan of the Apple products, yes I know they work well and are very fun to have etc. etc., but there is something about being part of the pack that I resist.  
So now that I am set up with a device to write any time any where I plan to begin by tormenting the people in the vast interconnected web with the ramblings of my mind. 
Good night and good luck.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment